Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Herrowww.....my Pups!

Do ya'll remember back a few posts, when I told you about the egg I found?
Well, I think I found who hatched from that egg!!!
While on one of my walkies recently, I found this little bird sitting in almost the
same exact spot as where the egg was! I sniffed it and barked at it, but it did
not move. Momma held me back so she could check to see if it was alive....and
it was.
Well, we left it alone and then, a few days later.....it showed up on our
doorstep!! It was sitting on the brick overhang right
below our doorbell. I guess he was trying to ring it so he could come inside.
Anyway, after getting some photos, Momma gently picked it up, trying not
to get her scent on it....and placed it safely in the back yard.
After doing a little research, Momma believes it is a Mourning Dove. There
are a lot of them around here and we see them in the trees and on the ground
a lot.


Here I am sniffing at the lil' fella.


He was not moving very much and did not
seem scared of us.


He can't reach the doorbell!!




What a cute lil' face!


This is Momma, moving the dove to saftey.

Until later,

Jasper

21 comments:

Suki & Joey said...

What a beautiful little bird! Usually, I bark at them, but I think I'd have to give that one a big, wet kiss :)

Puggy kisses
Suki

Sophie Brador said...

I bet that little bird wanted to see if you could come out to play. He was smitten with you on first meeting.

Isabella said...

Aw, these pictures are so sweet! I am glad you are a gentle dog and didn't hurt him.

I got you added to my links! Thanks for reminding me.
Big Wags,
Isabella

Chelsea said...

I don't think that dove landing on your doorstep was an accident! It probably heard how nice your mom and sissy are and is trying to get adopted.

xoxoxo
Chelsea

Boo Casanova said...

oh, jasper i thought you gonna eat the bird! make sure you don't accidentally "eat" it when you go for your walkie!

wet wet licks

Boo

Huskee and Hershey said...

Hi Jasper,
That's one polite little bird.. I think he was trying to ask you to come out and play. ..

Fu Fu said...

Oh what a cute birdie. Do you think it wants to stay with you?

~ fufu

Myeo said...

Hey Jasper, we think the birdie likes you and want to play with you:)

Simba and Jazzi said...

Look at that beak! He could have your eye out with that. Very cute though, I hope you don't have any cats around there.

Simba xx

Oscar's mummy and daddy said...

Well done to you & mum for helping out the bird. Hopefully it will be safe now.

Licks
Oscar x

Sunshade said...

Oh WOW!!! I like little birdies too which is very odd since I'm a terrier and I'm suppose to kill them.

So is he gonna be your little brother/sister?? Just like I have my Georgie??

ps. I've linked you up!!

Love nibbles,
Miss Sunshade

Marvin -The Hollow Hound said...

oooh those pictures were so beautiful and lovely quality!

love licks Marv xxxxx

and Jeannie xxxx

Tadpole said...

He's kinda scary looking, with that long beak! Are you going to adopt him? Then you could have a bird like T-man.

Hana said...

Jasper, this is the first time visiting your bloggy. I have been meaning to visit for a while now.

The bird probably thinks you are his friend since you are likely the first other being he has ever seen, other than his own parents. If you don't see his parents around, can you adopt him? You can be like his big brother and show him the ropes.

Molly the Airedale said...

How cute he is! He's going to be your best friend because you helped him out!

Love ya lots,
Maggie

Liberty Doo Dah said...

Oh Jasper!
You were so nice not to bitethat bird that it flew up to your doorstep! I bet it wanted to come inside to cuddle!
AireSWEET!
Liberty

Willie and Waylon said...

We have some birds nesting in front of my mom's office window we watch everyday. This is the 3rd year for them to caome back and make their home.
Last year Willie ate a baby bird by mistake. Waylon was horrified and did not speak to his brother for a week!

Toby said...

Did you want to play with the birdy?? I tend to chase them when I see them...

But that's a cute bird!~

Tobes

Hana said...

Jasper, I heard your mom paints pizza plates. Do you have pictures of the plates on your bloggy?

Billy (YES Casanova!!!) said...

What a nice bird! I wonder if he will stay with you Jasper:) You might have found a nice little friend.

Hugs from Billy Boo:)

Luckie Girl said...

Hey Jasper,
Looks like you made a new friend. :) It was really sweet of you and your Mom to bring me back to his safe place.
Do you want a new little brother? :)