Sunday, February 4, 2007

My story begins




Hello. My name is Jasper and I am an 8 year old rescued toy poodle. My family consists of my human Momma, {Cynthia} and my human Sissy, {Tessia}. We live in NW Arkansas, and this is my story (as much as my Momma knows).
Up until my Momma found me, I was living in a home in Texas where my family did not care very well for me. They always left me outside, even in the freezing cold, and did not provide a house for me. I was kept chained up all the time. I never received any love and attention. I was so sad all the time.
Finally, someone came to the house and took me away. I lived for a short while in the "pound" before I was rescued by a Poodle Rescue organization in North Arkansas. My rescuers placed my "personal ad" on the Pet Finders web site and that is when my Momma saw me for the very first time. As soon as she saw me, she made the call. She and sissy drove 86 miles to pick me up. It was love at first site.
I had a name then, but I did not like it at all...... Fats. I suppose I was named after Fats Domino, I don't know. Sissy and Momma talked all during the drive home trying to figure out a new name for me and they could not agree on anything. Until finally, they stopped in a little sightseeing town on the way home. They were going to take turns going into a gift shop....one going in while the other held me on my leash outside....but the saleslady said it was okay to bring me in. My Momma hesitated (after all, she did not know me very well), but decided it would be okay. So, we went in and I was VERY GOOD. Everytime my Momma and Sissy would stop to look at something, I would stop and sit at their feet and not move a muscle. They were very impressed. The saleslady was too. So, that is how I got my name....the name of the little town where they stopped was Jasper, Arkansas.
This photo of me was taken right after Momma and Sissy got me home. As you can see, I was very happy to have them as my new family.
As you can see in the photo below, I love to sit in my Momma's lap while she reads other poodle blogs.






5 comments:

T-man Angel said...

Ooh, welcome to blogging Jasper!! I loved reading your story! Your beginning was so sad, but with such a wonderful ending. Big hugs to your mama for rescuing you and giving you a loving home!! :)

I see that you're looking at my blog in your photo :) I'm always glad to meet other black poodles. We are a fascinating and handsome bunch!

I hope you will join Dogs with Blogs. We have lots of fun in the group. I will put up a link to your blog on my website.

T-man

Bella the Boxer said...

Welcome to the blogosphere, Jasper! I really like the story of your name and it sounds like you've found the perfect home. I look forward to reading more of your adventures!

xoxo - Bella

Chelsea said...

Welcome Jasper!

My Mama is amazed at how much we look alike! I think your story is fantastic because of the happy ending. Tell your new family that having a poodle is one of the most incredible blessings a human can have. Your mom and step sister will lavish you with hugs and kisses.....you deserve it!

Pooey on your old so called family.
I hope they get locked out of the house on the coldest day ever and nobody ever pays attention to them.

xoxoox
Chelsea the supermodel
(I am also T-Man's girlfriend!)

WELCOME!

J. L. LeMone said...

Hi Jasper!

I'm CC-man's cockatiel buddy, and when I read on T-man's site that you have your own blog now, I came to check it out right away. Nice setup, and I like the picture, too. Good luck!

J. L. LeMone
http://tielweekly.blogspot.com/

Isabella said...

Hi Jasper! I'm pleased to meet you. I am so glad your story had a happy ending- or rather a brand new happy beginning of a whole new life. It sounds like you now have your perfect forever home with wonderful humans.
Big Wags,
Iabella